Monday, July 29, 2013

About this Blog

A little over a year ago, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Through the course of treatment over that year, my doctors and I have discovered that I am extremely insulin resistant.  While struggling day by day, I was surprised to find that many "diabetic friendly" recipes I came across were nutrition deficient, well over my carb limits, and not very tasty!  One "diabetic friendly" recipe had 120 grams of carbs in one serving!  So I determined I would find or create some delicious meals, that I could serve anyone - especially diabetics.  On this blog I will be sharing tips, tricks and LOTS of recipes for those of us who need to watch our carbs.

I am a foodie and I love variety in my meals.  My culinary point of view would be comfort foods with an exotic twist.

I am not a medical professional and this is in no way meant to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please follow your doctor and nutritionist's advice as everyone's diabetes needs are different.


No comments:

Post a Comment